June 30, 2009

How time flies!

Happy Middle of the Year everyone! I just cannot believe that it is already July! Totally a crazy thing about getting older! I remember being a kid and the year between Christmas’ taking forever long to be done. Same thing with summer break! Now time just flies by! I am in awe that it is already JULY! Crazy! Seems like it was just last month that we were celebrating the holidays!


We have got a busy month coming up! So much to look forward to! For the 4th of July weekend we are going to California to sit and relax on the beach. I am very much looking forward to this vacation! It’s been a very long time! Then Jamie and I are going to a marriage retreat for four days in the middle of July. I’m looking forward to that too b/c it will be just Jamie and I and we are going to Minnesota. We will be in Minneapolis, which is where The Mall of America is. I am very much looking forward to that trip! Someone told me that there is no sales tax in MN, so it should be interesting for sure!!! Our Friends Tom and Joe have birthdays on the same day so that should be one helluva party! Unfortunately we will probably not be there to participate! I wanna try to convince then to do the parties on the weekend before. Maybe I’ll secretly talk to Joe’s wife and see if we can plan a surprise party or something. :) I’m so sneaky!
Jamie also has me signed up for a stop smoking course, but we have to reschedule it b/c the class is scheduled for the day that I get back from MN.


I am a little weary of the quit smoking programs. I’d like to be a little vain and think that I am strong enough to stop smoking myself, but I know that this is not the truth. I have proven that this is not the truth! I am looking forward to this attempt, but feel a little weird about it. I don’t want to be that raging bitch! It would be great if I could quit smoking for good. My mom and grandmother did it cold turkey, so I know that the will power is in my genes, but I LIKE to smoke. I hate everything else about it, but I LIKE doing it. I’m a conundrum, I know.


I don’t think I mentioned in my last post that; Carley was diagnosed with ADD. It makes perfect sense with all the trouble we were having over homework and school. I think she feels like it’s something to be ashamed of though because she never wants to talk about it or what it is. Every time I ask her if she wants to know a little bit about it she covers her head and mumbles no. It’s weird. I don’t necessarily want to put her on medication and recently I have heard that this condition can be helped by a simple change in diet. I know that I should be all over this, but I haven’t been. Maybe it’s my ownform of denial, I don’t know, but, I have been meaning to do some internet surfing on the subject for a week now and I just haven’t gotten around to it.


It’s my Bosses birthday on Sunday. I have always have a hard time with giving a gift to my boss. For my last 2 birthdays he gave me a TON of money as a birthday gift. I cannot afford to give him an expensive gift, so I feel retarded getting him anything. Last year I didn’t get him anything at all. Not even a card. I felt rude, but I had no idea what to do for him that wouldn’t make me look like a cheap asshole. So this year I have to get him something, and I settled on a $50 gift card to the Melting Pot. He’s never been there before, and Jamie and I loved it when we went, so I thought it would be perfect. I still feel CHEAP though. I know he knows how much he pays me, but it’s just weird to me. (Seems like this entry is filled with my weirdness today! LOL) So I am waiting for that to be delivered and that will just be his gift. Maybe I’ll make it a tradition or something so that I don’t have to think of new ideas! I’m so cheesy like that too! LOL


Well, I hope you all have a good 4th of July!

No comments: