March 27, 2010

You've lost your Muchness!

I can't believe it is already the end of March! Time Flies!

Unemployment + Desperation = Crappy Job

I spent most of January looking for a job and found one! I started at my job on 02/01/10. Seems to me like I was looking for a very long time but, when compared to other people, I got lucky. At least it seemed like luck!

I HATE MY JOB! I don't know if it is just that I was so spoiled at my last Job, or that I am older and less flexible than I used to be but I really, really hate this job.
I am working in a call center doing tech support for people who have their own websites. At first I was excited to learn a new skill and something that I can use to help my husband with his website. I did learn a lot and I am still learning, however, this job is such bullshit. The call center roof leaks when it rains. There was a couple of times I got stuck at the desk underneath the leak. The solution? Put a bucket under the leak! RETARDED! Also, there are just some people that should NOT own a computer!
My schedule is Friday through Monday from 10:00 AM to 8:30 PM so I have no weekend. Call me spoiled, but I never expected to be working the weekend at this age. Disappointing, for sure. I did, however, put in for a different shift and got the shift I requested! I am happy about that, as I no longer have to work weekends! I'll be working Monday through Friday from 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM. Not my favorite, but beggars can't be choosy!

So! I am on a quest for a new job! I applied at American Family for a position as a sales and service representative. It would be the same thing I was doing for Dale, but in a call center and I will have way more room to advance in position there. I have had a phone interview a typing test and a face to face interview. I should get a call next week for a 3rd and final interview over the phone. I am so looking forward to getting this job!! I don't think I have ever appreciated what I had more than I do right now. I am counting on getting my ass outta this crappy place and into something better! This is a new call center here in Phoenix, and I am really looking forward to walking in there with no where to go but up! Cross your fingers for me!

Devastation = April 21, 2010

I am turning 30!!!! It's hard for me to wrap my head around that. I have lived 30 years already. 30 YEARS! Crazy. I feel old, but this is really nothing. Just a drop in the bucket of my life, provided I live to a ripe old age. I feel like there is so much I still want to do over the course of my life that I keep saying "I'll get to it". Well, when? When I am 40? I don't want to look back at my life when I am 75 or 80 and say, "Damn it! I should have taken that vacation to Australia while I could have!" Perhaps I am freaking out prematurely, but I can't help thinking about it.
So in a couple of weeks I will be the Dirty 30. Should be an interesting ride!

Around the house

Things are going good with the family for the most part. Carley is still having trouble in Math and has trouble being able to focus in school in the afternoon. I have been tossing around the idea of putting her on a medication that is 2 doses; one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I am reluctant to change because I don't want her to have to leave class to take her meds. It's something I need to talk to her Doctor about. Other than that she seems to be doing much better.
Jamie and I are doing fantastic. Seems like it gets better and better between us every day. There are still issues to work on.... like.... Why is it impossible for him to take the trash out to the main trash can, instead of leaving it on the floor? and, Can you please place your dirty underwear in the laundry basket instead of on the floor next to it? Silly stuff like that, that aggravates me to no end, but really won't matter 50 years from now.

Well it's Sunday. I am off to work now. Last day to work the weekends! I am very happy about that!

Hope your Sunday is FABULOUS!

No comments: